noooo!!! ps3 broke!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oh-ownt

Number of posts : 7
PSN : oh ownt
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:44 pm

big problems over here. yesterday morning i went to the hairchopper (don't know what it's) called and when i came back my ps3 was broke because of my frikking sister! she downloaded an update for resistance 2. So when her update whas done she started playing and my ps3 shut off. when she put it back on it whas normal but then after 10secs the screen froze and my ps3 shut down again. i can't reset my ps3 because it doesn't stay on for more then 10secs. i whas thinking how to solve the problem and i whas thinking about buying a new harddisk. But when u open the thing where ur harddisk is. there is a blue screw and i can't get it out of there because i didn't use the right screwer and now the screw is stuck. i tried a lot but no luck at all Sad
I still have warranty on my ps3 so i think i'ma just send it back. i don't have to buy a new harddisk then. but i'm losing my ps3 for about 1-2 months. i know i fucked it up with the stupid blue screw. i hope u guys still accept me in the clan for killzone2 because i really want to play with u guys. i can't help it because of that stupid resistance 2 update

greetz: oh-ownt

edit: yes i managed to get the blue screw out tomorrow i'm going to go buy a new harddisk and instal it normally my ps3 will work then woooooot! finally took me dang hours to get that thing out

Last edited by oh-ownt on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i got the screw out)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Staber
Admin

Number of posts : 1691
PSN : Staber-
Clan : x| Twisted Metal |x
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:32 am

No, don't buy new hard disc cause that won't solve the problem. What you may try is shut down your ps3, then hold on the power button for 5 seconds untill you hear 3 beeps (first 1 beep when you start up the ps3, then 2 other beeps 3 seconds later)

By doing so will put you in recovery menu, recover the Ps3 from there.

Number of posts : 896
PSN : xX-UnK-Xx
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Good advice from Staber. I would recommend you to just hand it over to sony.. You can buy a harddisk, but if it doesn't solve the problem, you will lose money on that and you will still have to send it to sony for repairs.

Or write a mail to sony about the problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh-ownt

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Staber wrote:
No, don't buy new hard disc cause that won't solve the problem. What you may try is shut down your ps3, then hold on the power button for 5 seconds untill you hear 3 beeps (first 1 beep when you start up the ps3, then 2 other beeps 3 seconds later)

By doing so will put you in recovery menu, recover the Ps3 from there.
it's not possible to do this because my systeem keeps falling out i have allready tried this to. and when i start my system up it sais there is a fault on ur harddisk then it wants to solve it but this takes quite long and again it falls out. so i really think by just buying a new harddisk it will be gone. First i'm going to try the harddisk of a friend of mine and if it works i go to the shop for a new harddisk. if not i send it to sony and then can figure it out..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeSTrOYeR

Number of posts : 631
PSN : x-DeSTrOYeR-™
XBL : Srl Killer
Clan : Twisted Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 pm

If you have any problems with your ps3, I recommend you to buy a 360 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh-ownt

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:40 pm

DeSTrOYeR wrote:
If you have any problems with your ps3, I recommend you to buy a 360 Smile
it is just the harddisk and in my opinion the ps3 survives longer then the 360 + i want to play killllllllzone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Staber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 pm

it's not possible to do this because my systeem keeps falling out i have allready tried this to. and when i start my system up it sais there is a fault on ur harddisk then it wants to solve it but this takes quite long and again it falls out. so i really think by just buying a new harddisk it will be gone. First i'm going to try the harddisk of a friend of mine and if it works i go to the shop for a new harddisk. if not i send it to sony and then can figure it out..[/quote]

Hard disc won't solve it, it's a technical problem and putting in a new HDD will need to format your mates HDD.

Number of posts : 631
PSN : x-DeSTrOYeR-™
XBL : Srl Killer
Clan : Twisted Metal
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 pm

I agree with Staber, if your ps3 crashes there is no chance that it is caused by the HDD.
Just send it to Sony : there are many people without any skills in electronic who think that they can fix this kind of problem by themselves, but finally, they always do shit and when they decide to send it back to the manufacturer, it's already too late.

BTW, when you have a RROD on your 360, you receive it just 1 week later (and with bonuses).
I know many people who sent back their ps3 and who said that Sony were real motherfuckers. One of them even got insulted at phone and was told "if you're not happy, go deal with the competition..." as he had to pay to get his ps3 fixed (~100€ if I remember).

Well, if you do so, keep me informed on the forum about what they say to you and how long it takes to recover your ps3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrAuMiZe

Number of posts : 125
PSN : TrAuMiZe-
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 am

I got the same problem like you, i send my ps3 to sony n 2weeks later i got a brand new ps3 of sony Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh-ownt

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:08 pm

i sended it back today to sony. the harddisk didn't help, i tried it with one of my friend's disks and no luck Sad hopefully i just get new a ps3. That would be awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Staber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah get a new one.

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:03 am

omg now they sended me a new ps3 back and just when i whas going to log in it freezes i set off my ps3 when i start it back up i see really weird stripes all different collours i think my cables of the ps3 are stuck so hopefully if i get some new it will be fixed i hope so. maybe my ps3 is allready destroyed again but no idea btw i got this one for free so really if this doesn't work i'm screwed and i'm really not going to buy a new stupid ps3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Staber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: noooo!!! ps3 broke!   Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Lol, check cables or TV.

Number of posts : 171
PSN : BunnyHuggerUK